What is ghosting and what we need to know about it? And no, we don’t mean “ghosting” like some paranormal activity in a haunted mansion or the supernatural ending of your relationship with your love interest. We mean the one that annoys every writing surface owner – those irritable marks of marker that stay no matter how much you scrub them from your whiteboard, glassboard or even whiteboard wall.
Ghosting is a pretty common problem, but fortunately very easily solved and even avoided. We believe that like everything else you own, even your whiteboard walls need proper care and attention if you want them to serve you well as long as possible. Yes, ghosting can appear on your whiteboard walls as well, but you should know that owning a high quality surface and accessories is essential. That is why we created Escreo whiteboard paint super durable and easy to maintain, but after all there are few tips to care for your surface properly.
First steps with your whiteboard wall
Escreo is without a doubt the better alternative of the old school whiteboards. Why? Because we created a product that lasts, doesn’t take up space in your room, and is super easy to maintain. If you followed the application instructions right your surface will be there for you and your colleagues for a very long time. Keep in mind that the first few weeks (up to a month) are the ones, where your whiteboard wall requires the most attention. So keep the following things in mind for the first 2 weeks:
– Don’t use the deep cleaning spray
– Don’t leave your writings for over 24 hours.
– Be careful not to scratch your surface or spill drinks on it.
You can also print our maintenance sheet and put it near your wall, so that everyone knows and follows the “rules”. Also, we recommend using our high quality Escreo accessories to ensure the longevity of your surface, our pack “Start” even comes in a comfortable accessories holder, spray, sponges, microfiber cloth, markers and refills – all the things you will ever need.
Tips on Care & Maintenance
– Apply your whiteboard paint carefully and evenly on your wall. Ghosting can appear on thinner layers of paint, so be cautious or use professional help.
– Use high quality writing materials. Investing in good markers will surely repay you.
– Clean your surface with microfiber cloth. Microfiber cloths can pick up even the tiniest traces of marker.
– Replace your erasers often. Dirty sponges only spread dirt and marker stains on your surface instead of picking it up.
– Don’t leave your ideas on the wall for extended periods of time. We recommend starting fresh at least once a month.
– Use spray for deeper cleaning every few weeks. Together with our microfiber cloth the clean and shiny wall is guaranteed. But remember not to overdo it, cleaning sprays re just an occasional helper for your wall!
– Don’t write on your wall immediately after using the spray.
– Don’t erase with hard and abrasive materials, alcohol, nail polishes, degreasers or other aggressive chemicals.
Finally – the most important thing: Never, ever use permanent markers on your whiteboard wall. If you happen to do so – contact us immediately. You can email, chat or call us at any time with any kinds of emergencies.
So, that is it. Fair and simple with our tips you can make sure your whiteboard wall will live long and happy life with minimum effort.
How do you feel about solving more office problems? Read about the 6 ways to reduce costs (and problems) in the office